Alesis Multimix 8 USB

rocky007

Helo all.
I purchased an Alesis multimix 8 usb and am using audacity to record on my pc.
i have never tried home recording before.

Alesis Multimix 8 connected to my pc via USB (obviously).

i want to record song with karaoke track.

which is the best Alesis Multimix 8 USB "effect" for Vocal?

give me some settings. tips and tricks.. :)

thanks

Last edited:
best tip of all. use your ears. and learn by doing. also, id try the effects and settings that sound good. but thats just me.

okk thanks :)

right now im recording with Audacity.

Whenever I record on Audacity, the very first track (Karaoke audio) I record gets recorded when I record the second track (Vocal)

How to record two different tracks on Audacity?

i want to record only Vocal.
and then i can mix with karaoke track.

I didn't mute the first track, because I have no other way of hearing it other than using Audacity. If I mute it, I won't be able to hear it so the timing will be off.

doesnt the multimix come with Cubase LE 4? Its better than audacity.

is it usb or usb 2.0 multimix?

make sure the track you want to record on is the only one armed for recording.

where is the option in audacity for armed?

doesnt the multimix come with Cubase LE 4? Its better than audacity.

is it usb or usb 2.0 multimix?

i lost Cubase Le4 cd.
i know its better than audacity.. i am new in recording.. so i want to first try simple and easy software..

alesis multimix USB 1.1 old model.

After looking into it, it doesn't seem that Audacity even has a facility to arm or disarm tracks and that is a pretty basic function of any capable DAW. I would go with the aforementioned advice and use cubase le.

where is the option in audacity for armed?

i lost Cubase Le4 cd.
i know its better than audacity.. i am new in recording.. so i want to first try simple and easy software..

alesis multimix USB 1.1 old model.

Try this! REAPER | Download

Also, try recording without any of the multimixs effects and try using the plugins with reaper to add the effects after. This way you can try many effects without having to re record your track.

After looking into it, it doesn't seem that Audacity even has a facility to arm or disarm tracks and that is a pretty basic function of any capable DAW. I would go with the aforementioned advice and use cubase le.

hmmm.. any other small and good software?

Try this!

Also, try recording without any of the multimixs effects and try using the plugins with reaper to add the effects after. This way you can try many effects without having to re record your track.

thanks for the software and tips... i will try..

I have this mixer and I see what your saying you have to hit the "2 trks/usb to main" button off so your old tracks is not recorded in with your new tracks.

Are you saying that when you record your vocal track, the karaoke track comes through your vocal track in addition to your vocals?

If that's the case, leave the 2 trks USB to main switch on the mixer in the up/raised position. If it's depressed, whatever sound playing from your computer will record into a new track, in addition to what's coming from the microphone / line signal. If the button is up (not depressed), only the sound from your mic / line signal will record to a new track.

EDIT: Just now see deciferthis's reply. He's exactly right.

Back