Advice on mounting iPhone to ceiling?

Yeah...but did she ever hang any pictures on the ceiling....?

:D

;)
No, but fo real, she hangs some big ass heavy stuff with those command velcro strips. I'm sure one little piece of it can stick a phone to a ceiling for about 10,000 years or so.

Yeah, the ceiling is too far away. I will try it on a mic stand too. :)

Are you trying to get the entire keyboard in the shot, or just the general area where you will be playing?

I think with an iPhone, the distance for getting the whole thing in the shot, will work against the distance needed for a decent sound (if that's even important) from the iPhone mic....?

You'll have to find a good balance point.

If it doesn't work well...you might consider an angled shot from side and up a bit.

I did that during a show (over the drums) I used a ziploc bag.. I I put the camera on selfie (so I could be sure it was lined up right), started the recording, then slid the camera into the bag, sat down and checked it until it was right, and closed it. Later, I edited out the junk and had a great video. For the ziploc to the ceiling, I used push pins. Duct tape would work too.
Rod Norman
Engineer

Okay, so I would like to record my piano from the ceiling and get just the keys in the video. Is there any advice you could give me on how to do this? Tips, mounting hardware, ceiling tripods, etc.

Thank you so much,
silentmhp

Back