Advice on mounting iPhone to ceiling?

silentmhp

Okay, so I would like to record my piano from the ceiling and get just the keys in the video. Is there any advice you could give me on how to do this? Tips, mounting hardware, ceiling tripods, etc.

Thank you so much,
silentmhp

Last edited:
Is this a joke...? :D

I seriously doubt any "technique" lke that has been tried by anyone around here....so why don't you come up with a solution and tell us how you did it? :)

I'm sure that duct tape will hold the iPhone to the ceiling....and just use a long stick to initiate the recording....hope that helps. ;)

True enough.

There's hardly any weight in an iPhone. I bet you could make a pyramid shaped cradle out of elastic bands and just thumb tack it to the ceiling.

Is this a joke...? :D

I seriously doubt any "technique" like that has been tried by anyone around here....so why don't you come up with a solution and tell us how you did it? :)

I'm sure that duct tape will hold the iPhone to the ceiling....and just use a long stick to initiate the recording....hope that helps. ;)

I will try to come up with one, but wanted to see if anyone else had had experiences with ceiling mounting... apparently not. :)

True enough.

There's hardly any weight in an iPhone. I bet you could make a pyramid shaped cradle out of elastic bands and just thumb tack it to the ceiling.

That's so crazy it just might work!

My mind is literally being blown out of my head.

Why is that? ;)

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted that you have to ask how to stick a phone to a ceiling. :eek:

But since you actually asked, try command strips. My wife hangs pictures all over the house with command strips. They work.

I'm sorry, it seems silly now that I think about it, but I've tried so many different ways and none seem to work. (one of those suction cup tripods to the ceiling, a homemade contraption...)

bubble gum

Haha thumbs up

The ceiling is going to be too far away from the keys. Why not tape the iPhone to a mic stand so you can place it where you need it. That or glue it to your forehead with crazy glue

The ceiling is going to be too far away from the keys. Why not tape the iPhone to a mic stand so you can place it where you need it. That or glue it to your forehead with crazy glue

You guys are hilarious! I haven't laughed from something online in years!

Yeah, the ceiling is too far away. I will try it on a mic stand too. :)

There once was a guy here that wanted to put mics in the tips of his drumsticks.

Oh crap, you're making me look more stupid than I am ;)

Back