Adobe Audition 1.5, ASIO and portable audio interfaces?

iboersma

Hi all,

I am a voice talent who needs to set up a very basic home studio for recording voice tracks and sending them out to my agent and clients. I already have Adobe Audition 1.5 and was hoping to use that as my audio editing package, but it seems that Audition doesn't support the necessary ASIO protocol for intrfacing with Portable Audio Interfaces (like the Edirol UA-25, etc.)

I would like to use a portable, USB or firewire-based portable audio interface rather than a soundcard, since I need some good mic pre-amps and I don't want any of the potential interference you might get from an on-board sound card.

I called Adobe to find out if they could provide a list of their approved hardware providers, but they were of ZERO help ("Adobe doesn't make hardware recommendations...")

Can anyone out there help me who has successfully used one of these portable (non-PCI) audio interfaces with Adobe Audition? I don't need anything fancy, just a 2-channel interface with good mic pre-amps and 48v phantom power...

Help!

- Ian

Back