Acoustica Beatcraft/Mixcraft

gwayms

Has anyone used either of these programs? I downloaded the beatcraft demo it seems very simple. I just made a simple beat and used it in Acid. I'm just wondering if anyone has every tried the recording program or the beat program.

i have both and they both do much more than anything else for that price. not as much as say, cubase or something like that, but i have made many quality, hard-to-tell-it-wasnt-done-in-a-studio recordings, by making a sequence in beatcraft, putting it into mixcraft, and multitracking my instruments and vocals on top. works every time.

hey i know this is a fairly old thread but if anyone was still wondering of the capabilities these programs hold: here is evidence

I recorded a song called forevermore and heres what i did to each track, effectswise and such:

Drums (sequenced in beatcraft and then compressed and put into mixcraft)
Bass (compression)
Clean Rhythm guitar (compression & chorus)
Dirty Rhythm guitar (compression)
Lead/Rhythm guitar (compression)
Vocals (compression & timed delay)

the song can be found here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/viperjunglemusic.htm

Olfunk, thank for your reply.
I just bought both programs the other day, maybe you can help me. If I record guitar in mixcraft and then create a beat in beatcraft. How can I insert the drum track into mixcraft exactly where i want it.
And why did u use all the compression, I am still figuring all this recording stuff out and was just wondering what that does exactly.
Thanks for the help.

to be honest, you're probably a bit stuck now. you're probably better putting the beat in first and then playing the guitar part along to it, otherwise you'll be out of sync. and i used the compression just to even stuff out and keep it constant.

Back