80's reverb drums and reverb mixing

walters is on many bbs's spreading his stupid. here's one from Audio Round Table -

For the old fender surf Reverb Tank

1.) How do i get more dwell i want to over dwell the circuit how do i do this?
what modifications do i need to do for this?
2.) I need to make more current to drive the transducer or reverb pan more?
3.) More current to the reverb drive coil? how do i do this?
4.) Do i need a Bigger driver Coil?
5.) How to drive the springs harder?
6.) The Dwell increases the duration of the Decay time?

Here's one from Studio Recording Engineer

wet mixing not dry
How do i make my mixing really wet and not dry at all ?
i know the 80's music had alot of drums with reverbs and the whole mix was very wet how do i do this? I want every and all 24 tracks really really wet ?
And the Mixdown i would like really wet too?

Do a Google search for 'walters reverb', some classic trolling going on. Now, for my parting advice-

An essay on the old fender surf Reverb Tank

The subject of the old fender surf Reverb Tank has been covered intensively by the world press over the past decade. At one stage or another, every man woman or child will be faced with the issue of the old fender surf Reverb Tank. Cited by many as the single most important influence on post modern micro eco compartmentalism, spasmodically it returns to create a new passion amongst those who study its history. Crossing many cultural barriers it still draws remarks such as 'I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole' and 'i'd rather eat wasps' from global commercial enterprises, many of whom fail to comprehend the full scope of the old fender surf Reverb Tank. Keeping all of this in mind, in this essay I will examine the major issues.

Social Factors

While some scholars have claimed that there is no such thing as society, this is rubbish. When Sir Bernard Chivilary said 'hounds will feast on society' [1] he globalised an issue which had remained buried in the hearts of our ancestors for centuries. More a melody to societies dysfunctions than a parody of the self, the old fender surf Reverb Tank demonstrates a coherent approach, something so lacking in our culture, that it is not recognised by all.

Our post-literate society, more than ever before, relies upon the old fender surf Reverb Tank. To put it simply, people like the old fender surf Reverb Tank.

Economic Factors

There has been a great deal of discussion in the world of economics, centred on the value of the old fender surf Reverb Tank. We shall examine the JTB-Guide-Dog model, a complex but ultimately rewarding system. National
Debt

the old fender surf Reverb Tank

It is apparent from the graph that the influence of the old fender surf Reverb Tank is strong. What is the secret to its strength? Obviously the national debt cannot sustain this instability for long. In the light of this free trade must be examined.

Political Factors

Politics was once a game featuring competitors from elite classes. Comparing the electoral politics of most Western and Eastern European countries is like comparing the two sides of the old fender surf Reverb Tank.

In the words of a legend in their own life time, Bartholomew Lionel Forbes Dickinson 'consciousness complicates a myriad of progressions.' [2] This quotation leads me to suspect that he was not unaccustomed to the old fender surf Reverb Tank. It speaks volumes. If I may be as bold as to paraphrase, he was saying that 'political ideals are built on the solid cornerstone of the old fender surf Reverb Tank.'

Since the Renaissance the old fender surf Reverb Tank has become more and more prevalent. May it continue.
Conclusion

To conclude, the old fender surf Reverb Tank has played a large part in the development of man in the 20th Century and its influence remains strong. It sings a new song, applauds greatness and statistically it's great.

I shall give the final word to star Denzel Spielberg: 'Oooh yeah the old fender surf Reverb Tank shoo badaby dooo.' [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Sir Bernard Chivilary - Interestingly... - 1904 Badger Books

[2] Dickinson - I Am The Dickinster - 1999 Hughs Books

[3] Go mad for the old fender surf Reverb Tank - Issue 132 - Kendeal Books

lololol

funny thread..
i have a friend who does the same thing, essays about soccer..its funny as hell.

in my opinion Walters,
u shouldnt really make the whole mix all wet. if u reverberate the vox pretty badly for example, itll sound like u have reverb on everything, plus no one will understand a single word. try subtle verbs on everything, and a bit more on the drums...be smart...maybe a hall/church on vox and a pretty damn wet (whatever verb u see fit) on drums...but dont stink up the whole mix, it wont be usable.

walters said:
How can i mix the DRY and WET from the aux inputs and outputs

having the SEND AND RETURN jacks with the reverb but the AUX inputs

and outputs having the DRY and WET signals?

No...................

Back