788-> computer->CD-R

DaveDrummer

im fairly new to recording:

how the heck do I:

track all the guitars/drumset/bass/vocals on my new tascam 788

upload it track by track into cool edit or Sonar, add reverb, compression, etc

what is the best meathod for this? basically I wish I could burn the 788 tracks to CD but not have them mix-down..if that made sense.

If you have a CD burner for the 788 and recent enough firmware you can transfer your tracks as Wav files from the 788 to the PC. I haven't done this myself as my 788 is too old. But I believe this is a feature of the later firmware. All this was covered on the Tascam.com forum but that seems to be gone. If you don't get a satisfactory answer to your question here I'd try posting your question in the Tascam forum here at Homerec.

Last edited:
Atwork said:
If you have a CD burner for the 788 and recent enough firmware you can transfer your tracks as Wav files from the 788 to the PC. I haven't done this myself as my 788 is too old. But I believe this is a feature of the later firmware. All this was covered on the Tascam.com forum but that seems to be gone. If you don't get a satisfactory answer to your question here I'd try posting your question in the Tascam forum here at Homerec.

ok. When you say 'track' does that mean song (as in a CD track) or instrumental track (many tracks per song)

Dudes right, since you just bought your 788 brand new, it should be running the 2.2v. If not, you can contact Tascam's customer service and if you prove you bought your machine after Jan. of 2003 I believe, they will send you the updated software for free.

I use a 788, but I only use a pc to mix on more complex songs or songs containing a lot of tracks, like 20-30....

In order to do this though, do you have a Tascam 788 cdrw?

Back