zoom r8 question

s.mouse

hi all, i have been lucky enough to get hold of a zoom R8 and am enjoying recording a few tracks etc ,(even thou my kids laugh when i play them some stuff lol) . i have a question which i should know the answer to but are stumped so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. i have 2 small computer speakers hooked up for playback and they are powered , but playback will only come through 1 speaker i realize im recording in mono but the speakers surely this shouldn't make a difference ? i have tried them out on a computer and they work fine , best i can get is a muffled sort of low volume from 1 and all the sound from the other when running through the r8, thanks for any help and i look forward to being a part of this forum. cheers steve:guitar:

The zoom8 have a headphone jack to test with ? Make sure the few tracks are panned Left and Right.

I have the R24 and your R8 I'm guessing should be similar(?)

Hit the PAN/EQ button to bring up the display below. Adjust the PAN so the mono track is centered or where you want it. Hopefully this does what you want.

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    pan.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 30
thanks very much guys for your advice i tried the speakers in the headphone jack and both worked fine. i then tired the headphones in the speaker channel and only got 1 side working.... as per the speakers. i have all stuff set as far as i know .panned to center etc so im really stumped at this stage , maybe a fault with this particular unit? i cant think of anything else. thanks again

"i have 2 small computer speakers hooked up for playback and they are powered"

Taking a guess..........
Are these computer speakers of the type that one speaker plugs into the other speaker and just one cable from the that speaker with a stereo (trs) plug goes to the computer. If so, it's not likely that type of connection will work with the 'speaker channel' output on the R8, which in itself is not a stereo output, but rather a left and right 'balanced' mono output. The headphone jack on the R8 is stereo, so it may work OK with that type speakers. Headphones won't work properly in the 'speaker channel' 'bablanced' mono output jack and will be one sided.

If the computer speakers you have are different than what I think you have, can you describe the cables, connectors/adapters you are using to connect to the R8.

hi folks . , so what i ended up doing was getting hold of TWO 10 watt computer speaker setups, so 4 speakers in all and powering them up , now it works fine , other than having only 2 out of 4 speakers operating .. but does sound a lot better for playback etc . its looks a bit silly, (i know the wife's thinking WTH? ) 4 speakers??? , and once i get past the feel like a tool stage i should be good to go.. lol anyway thanks for your help guys , really appreciate the advice
steve

Back