Yamaha mg10xu USB recording problem

Hello I am new here. Thanks all for helping me. I have exactly this same problem. I use an Electro Voice RE20 dynamic microphone, it is connected to the mixer use xlr cable. Even I adjusted the microphone gain or channel level to max, the signal recorded to computer DAW via USB still remains very low level. The signal level from monitor and stereo output are normal. I have also tried different DAWs but still has this issue.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hello I am new here. Thanks all for helping me. I have exactly this same problem. I use an Electro Voice RE20 dynamic microphone, it is connected to the mixer use xlr cable. Even I adjusted the microphone gain or channel level to max, the signal recorded to computer DAW via USB still remains very low level. The signal level from monitor and stereo output are normal. I have also tried different DAWs but still has this issue.
Thanks again.

Hello, sorry to bring back this old problem but I don't see any resolution for it. I just bought the MG10XU mixer and got the exact same problem. I confirmed that the recording level is set at 100 but the recording volume is very low, barely notice any wave movement. I even had Yamaha support connecting to my computer to confirm that I have the correct driver and all correct settings but still getting very low recording volume using the USB connection.
Did anyone figure out how to boost the recording volume?

The USB output level is controlled by the main output level of the mixer.
NO it doesn't. Adjusting the main output level of the Mixer to 0 or MAX doesn't have any impact on the USB output level, tested several times at 0, 50 and 100, no change in the USB output volume.

I notice in the manual for that (or similar) mixer that there is an "attenuator" mode that can be set for USB throughput. Read up on this.

Dave

Hi All,

Hate to revive an old thread, but would like to revisit this. I purchased the Yamaha MG10XU as well and am experiencing the same issue.

I am using a 2014 MAC, fully updated. I am recording into Garageband via USB.
When I record at normal volumes the signal strength is very small. I can increase the volume output, and it's reflected in the signal of the recorded track, but when it plays back, it is still extremely low volume.

Being a MAC, there are no drivers to install. And there is nothing to control the input levels that I can see within the MAC as well as the mixer itself. The attenuate control is already set at 0, there is not way to increase it, only decrease it. This is a great little unit, but I am extremely disappointed with it in this regard and have found no solution. I can't be the only one or two out there with this issue.

Hi All,

Hate to revive an old thread, but would like to revisit this. I purchased the Yamaha MG10XU as well and am experiencing the same issue.

I am using a 2014 MAC, fully updated. I am recording into Garageband via USB.
When I record at normal volumes the signal strength is very small. I can increase the volume output, and it's reflected in the signal of the recorded track, but when it plays back, it is still extremely low volume.

Being a MAC, there are no drivers to install. And there is nothing to control the input levels that I can see within the MAC as well as the mixer itself. The attenuate control is already set at 0, there is not way to increase it, only decrease it. This is a great little unit, but I am extremely disappointed with it in this regard and have found no solution. I can't be the only one or two out there with this issue.

Hi Guitarkidd,

Did you solve your ploblem?
I bought a MG10XU and a I have the same problem.

Thanks

Back