Writing beats

kris101man

ya im kinda new to makeing beats and was woundering because im always away from my computer to actualy virtualy make them so i am always when i get a good idea writing it on paper so i was woundering is there like a sequencer i could use with like a total of 4 boxes with 16th notes in 4/4 count or whatever i wanna use it for and like one for bass one for snare one for taps and soemthing like that.

kinda like how you click your mouse for fruity loops or reason but on paper so i can fill it in with my pencil and then go back to my computer and put it in.

I ran this past my black friend in Long Beach who speakas da lingo and he tells me... given that he understands what you are asking... that Fruity Loops is what you are looking for. He also said that there are a lot of freeware sites that feature beat making software though he didn't give me any specifics.

not quite im saying i want something like a sequencer but just the boxes such as one for bass one for snare and so on BUT on a piece of paper so i can shade in the areas for when im out and away from my computer ya know what i mean now

Or print from an Excel spreadsheet. Just put all the relevant stuff in the first column and resize the other columns to suit.

not quite im saying i want something like a sequencer but just the boxes such as one for bass one for snare and so on BUT on a piece of paper so i can shade in the areas for when im out and away from my computer ya know what i mean now

JUst grab a pencil and a ruler and draw up some boxes

I use this one. It's laughably simple; it just reads a text file that lists where to put each sound, and pastes a bunch of wave files together.

ya i jsut wanna write them and i got programs to put them but the exel boxes will prolly work or ill just keep it the way i got it

Back