Would anyone be interested in my service?

messupp1

I've had many years in the music technology industry and want to create a service around this.

I currently have this website which allows people to enter a song of their choise in and i'll remake every instrument and send back the .wav and the project file. Maybe remove the vocals/guitar so they can do their own version? I would do whatever they requested.

Does this sound like a service anyone would want or should I just stop now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a newbie here too.
Have you tried Fiverr.com ?
PM me... I may be interested, depending on the price point.

art ;)

I mean do you think there is a market out there who would be interested in this?
It's just the only skill I have and was hoping to make a business out of it?

Yes there may be, but it is not allowed to promote such a thing here. My reply as to 'Stop' was in regards to posting about your services here.

Many of us have businesses recording for others. None of us are allowed to advertise. You can put a link in your signature tho.

Now as to whether you should 'stop' attempting this as a career is not for me to decide. If you are good at what you do and find the appropriate place to advertise, then hell yes. Go for it. :)

what's with the hate, im just trying to do something here.

No hate.
Don't ask an open question if you're going to be bothered by some of the answers. :)

AFA what you are trying to do...backing tracks of covers are a dime a dozen and all over the internet.
No wait...they're not even a dime a dozen...there's tons for free all over the internet.

So...when you talk about making it a "biz"...yeah, maybe you should reconsider that, and just stop now. ;)
The amount of work to make decent backing tracks of covers VS what people will *pay* for them...you will find is a very lopsided ratio.

Now...if you were offering to do backing tracks of originals for like singers/songwriters who can only sing or play one instrument...that might generate a bit more interest and $$$...BUT...it will also be about 10 times more work, since you will end up going back-n-forth with people trying to understand what they want and to please them with their original production ideas...etc.
Not saying don't do it...but if that's the only skill you want to bank on....mmm...you might not eat good every day.
If it's purely a side gig...then give it a try and see what it generates for you.

My questions is this...
If you are that versatile of a musician and are skilled at recording...why not do your own thing, your own music?
Maybe even think about more of a straightforward recording studio for pay. I think the internet is flooded with guys doing online stuff. I think it can work, but hard to get established. An actual studio gig is more tangible, and people might see that as more "value" for their buck, rather than just passing files over the internet...but it's just an alternate idea.
A real studio gig can also be a major PITA in many ways, and just as hard to set up and get established.

Back