Why are my songs still quiet after mastering?

Chances are your mix is unbalanced. Either your bass or upper mids are 3-4dbs too loud.

if this is the case, Once you maximize to get the lower section loud enough, the other section will distort. If this is the case, you have to balance your mix. You can fix it in the mix or in mastering. This is the problem 90% of the time if you can't make the song loud enough.

If you're in the 10%. You can always make songs louder by using the multiband compressor and compressing each band with a high ratio and a low to medium threshold, before loudness maximizing.

But the key is to get your mix right or master it correctly to begin with, not compress it do death and kill all your dynamic range.

I talk about this in EXTREME detail in my video course and book.

Good luck with your music!

Chances are your mix is unbalanced. Either your bass or upper mids are 3-4dbs too loud.

if this is the case, Once you maximize to get the lower section loud enough, the other section will distort. If this is the case, you have to balance your mix. You can fix it in the mix or in mastering. This is the problem 90% of the time if you can't make the song loud enough.

If you're in the 10%. You can always make songs louder by using the multiband compressor and compressing each band with a high ratio and a low to medium threshold, before loudness maximizing.

But the key is to get your mix right or master it correctly to begin with, not compress it do death and kill all your dynamic range.

I talk about this in EXTREME detail in my video course and book.

Good luck with your music!

You two can be millinair! LOL!

Could be compounding frequencies. Try notching the bass and kick with an EQ. Give everything its own space. It could be a build up of fundamental frequencies.

Ok ya got me...

I honestly thought that people might follow this thread later,
(not the OP) and want this information, or maybe use it
themselves. It's like a database isn't it?

If that's the point ( I have seen threads that I tried to post
something and gotten a message saying it's YEARS old)
then why don't the threads automatically "dump out"
after a predetermined amount of time?

No reason to keep them from that perspective.

Still getting my feet here... [mea culpa!]

Eventually I will understand when to start a new thread rather than
reply to an old one. (which I thought might be good from an information
standpoint.)

But thanks for being here!

Back