Why everyone have this ?

Firefab

Hey ! I'm just wondering why everyone got the headphone audio-technica ath-m50 . Even the big studio & worldwide artist when they record or play live in studio I see this pair of headphone ALOT.

Hey ! I'm just wondering why everyone got the headphone audio-technica ath-m50 . Even the big studio & worldwide artist when they record or play live in studio I see this pair of headphone ALOT.

Maybe because they work well???

They do.... but studio like this got millions...why they choose a 200$ headphone ?

They're probably good enough to be considered pro but cheap enough to be considered replaceable.
Studio headphones get a lot of abuse.

I see HD280s all over the place and I guess that's the reason. That and they've got great isolation.

Also, the talent doesn't need super expensive headphones. They just need to hear the mix well enough to perform to it.

Million dollar studios use sm57's for some things. What works just works.

The most expensive does not always equate to what works best for any given situation.

Kinda like buying $500 sunglasses. Would you lend them to a friend or would you give them the $20 pair that gave them adequate shade? lol!

The right tool for the job man. Headphones are not something that actually makes a real world difference as they are typically only used for monitoring while tracking. Who gives a shit what they cost if they sound good.

Honestly, I would never spend more than $20 on sunglasses, and since I know better than to mix with headphones, the max I would spend on them would stay around $200 whether I had millions or not.

And by the way, I don't have millions so...

Back