Whats a good program to use when mastering a single Vocal track?

Squizzle

I was just wondering what I could use to master a song with just vocals and a home made beat, to make them come together well.
Suggestions for software is what im looking for, what program or Plug in works well for this task.

MIX (geezus criminey). MIX the song. :spank:

Sorry - Where was I...

Take your pick. Reaper? What sort of budget are you looking at?

[EDIT]

Aw cripes... Now I've got myself so wound up that I ended a sentence with a preposition...

Hi.If you are happy with the recording and are happy with the mix I can recommend the cheapest best value mastering software I know of.

It's Image Line's Maximus. Its actually very good ( especially the transparent mode ). It has multiband compression, mono/stereo control and a limiter. This aint free but I have trialled a lot of mastering programs over the years and this is fast and friendly.

You can also try this free Limiter It's very easy to work with and can really slam the mix.

First, mastering is a PROCESS, not a software tool.
You can do all you need in any sequencer.

Download Reaper and its PDF manual.....
Everything works with only a short nag screen until you get guilty enough to pay for it.
Best bargain out there....

MIX (geezus criminey). MIX the song. :spank:

Sorry - Where was I...

Take your pick. Reaper? What sort of budget are you looking at?

[EDIT]

Aw cripes... Now I've got myself so wound up that I ended a sentence with a preposition...

HA HA HA HA HA calm down Massive :D at least you answered. I looked at it and was so - so - so - so- I went and made a cup of espresso.

Yeah OP mix the song so it is the best you can do and is music to your ears (he - he, I make funny) mastering is just the spit shine on your mix.

Now wait a minute .... not to say that mastering isn't important or so-so-so-so-so- DUH you answer it Massive , <facepalm ~ both hands>

:cool:

I was just wondering what I could use to master a song with just vocals and a home made beat, to make them come together well.
Suggestions for software is what im looking for, what program or Plug in works well for this task.

Squizzle - If the beat and the vocal are already together in one file (already mixed down), you'll be looking for an audio editing program...one that primarily deals with single mono or stereo files (as opposed to multiple tracks). Sound Forge and Adobe Audition are popular paid editors. You can also find a bunch of free ones on line. Put "audio editor" into a search engine and you can try all of these out. I use Adobe Audition, and you can at least use their free trial for this song.

Good luck!

Jake Weston

thanks, glad to be here.

Thanks for the replys. Sorry I took so long to get back. I have cubase 5. I am sure there is a way to "master the song" I wasnt aware if there was software dedicated strictly to mastering or mixing, that is relatively user friendly. I am going to read through these posts and see if any good comes out of it, Thanks ppl.

Back