What Kind of reel to reel has multiple line inputs?

Soulwyvern84

I'm thinking of delving into the world of analog again because some of this new stuff just costs way too much. I'm wondering what would be a good option for recording a vocal, a guitar, and a drum together onto a reel to reel tape? What will I be inevitably searching for in thrift stores and estate sales, ebay and goodwills...

Not a good option, but my Ampex ATR700 2-track has 2-inputs(preamps) on each channel. I use it as a final mixer for the other stuff. They usually don't waste real estate

Find a 4 track Tascam, Team, Foster, that kind of thing - but my experience is that brand new digital is by far cheaper than second hand decent mechanical recorders - which eat tape at an alarming cost!

Well, it doesn't have to be tape, tape, & tape. It can be tape at the end. I use one of two useless 8-track hard disk recorders and just pop that out to 15ips 2-track

Attachments

• P1120626_600.jpg
    P1120626_600.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Thanks! Maybe I'll give digital a fair chance. You are right about the machines eating tapes, also sometimes getting accidentally taped over with elevator music, or erased. It seems like everytime I get a useful piece of equipment or software something goes awry and either I have to get rid of it or I have to buy more stufffffff.... lol

Back