What do I need in this situation?

swy

Hi
I'm sure you've all heard this many times before but i'm looking to record stuff onto my computer and i'm getting pretty confused. I use guitars, a MicroKorg and a Boss RC-2 loop station and like i said i would like to record stuff onto a computer.

Now I know I need an audio interface to do this but this is where i'm getting confused. I'm pretty short of money so i recently purchased a Behringer U-Control UCA222 USB Audio Interface, but i'm pretty sure that its not going to work too well when recording a guitar, so would I be better off with something like a M-Audio Fast Track Audio Interface?
And would that do everything that I am looking to do?

Sorry that i'm so inexperienced but you've got to start out somewhere. Also I did have links to the products I was talking about but apparently i'm not allowed to post URL's till i've posted five times. Sorry.
Thanks in advance

The UCA222 doesn't have any hardware monitoring function, so without a mixer it's a poor choice for making music. It's fine for digitizing your collection of rare cassettes. The Fast Track series are specifically intended for making music so they have hardware monitoring and other essential features.

Are you trying to record electric and acoustic guitars? You will probably want some type of DI software for the electric - something to do amp/F-x simulations. If acoustic, you'll need a mic or two.
Don't forget the headphones, mic stands, cables, monitors ...

Back