What is dBv, dBu, and dBm?

They are different metering standards, each referenced to a different thing. A dB is only a ratio of one signal to another, with 0dB being no difference between the two.

♫♪Tyson♫♪;3546997 said:
Thanks, that explains alot.

Colud you explain that then?

dBFS = Decibels full scale, always a negative number relating to how much digital headroom you have left.

dBVU = Decibels volume units, another type of metering usually found on analog equipment, especially mixers. Most mixers' meters are calibrated so when the signal reads 0dBVU on the meter it is +4dBu, or 0.775 volts RMS, at the output. Many Mackie mixers are calibrated so +4dBVU = +4dBu.

dBSPL = Decibels sound pressure level, a measure of acoustic energy in sound traveling through the air.

Oh who cares about all that dBxyz crap!

I wanna know if the chick in the HR Banner can really sing...or is she just happy to be standing in front of Mr. Microphone? :)

HomeRecording-Banner.jpg

I wanna know if the chick in the HR Banner can really sing...or is she just happy to be standing in front of Mr. Microphone? :)
She is a very naughty girl...she knows how to sing from her *diaphragm*! :eek:

@Tyson: You're welcome :)

G.

View attachment 62995

Well there you go ..................

You just made me spit coffee all over my keyboard.

After I get this mess cleaned up, I'm going to give a real scolding ............ :spank:

Back