.wav to .mp3 converter ? help ?

batchmister1

I want to convert my .wav files to .mp3 files. I have Pro tools 7.1. I want to convert the files for free. What is the best converter to use?

what does pro tools not let you export as mp3? if this is correct... woooooow

just download audacity which is an audio recorder/editor. import the wav. export as mp3.... dont forget to download the mp3 encoder called "LAME.dll"

I use Roxio Media Creator's Sound Editor. It also lets me chop off the metronome count, fade out, normalize, equalize, the final recording, easier to use than the stand-alone Boss BR600.

I use the simplest option. ITUNES
Add wav to itunes, right click and select convert to MP3. you can change MP3 settings (128/160/192 etc) in the preference -> advanced -> importing menu first.

When I want to convert a wav file to mp3 (for posting on the web, e-mailing to friends etc...) I use Musicmatch jukebox 9.0. It automaticly converts files to mp3 for storage and export. Just remember to save the file elsewhere as a wav file for burning to cd. I think Musicmatch 10.0 allows you to save files either as wav or mp3. It's a free download, give it a try, if you don't like it you can always delete it.

I assume you are on a mac w/protools ???

You could always put the wave on a music CD and then rip it into windows media player on a pc. I am sure you have the same option on a mac with I tunes. It's the long way around but will save you having to load more sodtware. You may just be able to load lame and PT may let you use it as an encoder.

Goldwave used to be free and it did a decent job, but I don't think it's free anymore.

F.S.

Try EAC.

It works pretty well with the LAME encoder, as you can make variable bitrate mp3's, which give a pretty good quality and reasonably small filespace. You can find the LAME encoder here.

You can convert mp3 - wav? But the quality isn't going to get better... it'll just be considered a 'wav' file. it's not possible to go fom bad quality to good quality....

Valid point, but if you want to burn MP3 to CD, you'll need to manually convert MP3 to WAV, unless the burning software does the conversion on-the-fly during the pre-burn.

Back