Voice training

StylusEpix

I don't know the first thing about voice technique, and I'm doing it wrong. I can't do long speeches without straining myself. My everyday voice is much shallower than my 'recording' voice; I bet I'm my 'recording' voice technique is damagingly bad. I've been practicing and recording by myself, and I need some help.

When recording speech, especially when not in my native language, my throat gets sore quickly. In all honesty, I fear I'm not even using the proper voice register. I need to get a teacher, but I don't have much money and won't be able to get lessons very often.

Therefore, I need to do the maximum of learning by myself. Can anybody suggest internet ressources or books about voice training ? Most of what I could find concerns singing, which I've no desire to tackle. I'm not only interested in the vocal techniques, but also in acting.

Thanks.

"singing for the stars" by seth riggs is a good book. it teaches a technique called speech level singing. Also if it does hurt when you try and sing then stop immediately or you may do permanent damage.

Back