Vocals problem

Well, if they're lacking warmth, maybe ditch that 200hz cut in your picture...? I'd bet there's more boxiness closer to 500 than 200. If there's something prompting your cut in the 200hz area, then maybe narrow that EQ band and be more precise with the cut. But...to me, that's like saying your vocals are too bright and you have a huge high shelf...so, start with ditching that low mid cut and see if that does it.
I agree, I rarely hi pass that much on vocals, 200 hz might be way too much. I bet that's a big part of it right there

Warm is a subjective term. With your gear by comparison to expensive preams, mics, you will only get so far. I speak as one who uses stuff like what you have. I use Cubase also. In your screen shot theres little that is dramatic except the bass roll off. However the bump in your 4 position, 10-20khz is unnecessary--I never do that. Keep in mind 2 things. Mic position: closer has more bass, farther will sound more upper mid. Secondly, lowering a frequency often accentuates the frequency left on either side--which may or may not be the desired effect.

Back