vocals in mono too quiet and muffled, any help?

hmmm, ok Ive just realised it only records the mono when the jack is still inserted and not only is the sound loud and distorted its making me sound like a chipmunk, very high pitched.
hmmmm.

I'm writing to lexicon now. It cant hurt but if anytone has any ideas in the mean time let me know. :-)

thanks for all these great suggestions!

Are you going from line out to inst in, or line out to line in.

I just stuck a headphone jack into the instrument jack.....im not sure if thats what you guys meant. I'll try it with my piano to see if that does anything as that was probably where the problem started. :-)

I think Jimmy was suggesting plugging the mic in (which is channel two), then running a cable from channel two's line out, into channel one's line in.......BUT

Ok, with the audacity thing, I can open a new mono track fine but I cant change it to record onto the right channel.

This (to me at least) is the crux of the issue.
What do you mean by this? You don't see the option? It's greyed out? What?

I just stuck a headphone jack into the instrument jack.....im not sure if thats what you guys meant. I'll try it with my piano to see if that does anything as that was probably where the problem started. :-)

Try a cable between LINE IN 1 and LINE IN 2 (right next to each other, while mic is connected to the XLR jack. The headphone out will just create a distorted feedback, and possibly cause brain damage. :eek:

The lexicon mic input only sends to channel 2. Leena needs channel one to have mic signal. Thought an option to try, would be to jump the input channels at the line ins. Hopefully presenting the mic signal to channel one.

The lexicon mic input only sends to channel 2. Leena needs channel one to have mic signal. Thought an option to try, would be to jump the input channels at the line ins. Hopefully presenting the mic signal to channel one.

I thought that's what you were goin for, but the wirings wrong.

It'd need to be line output 2 into line input 1.

Delete all of this if you want btw,lol. It's just messy.

LOL! Yeah...

Going well man! Accidentally ordered Addictive Drums twice Christmas day. No returns on software. Other than that, all is well!

How about yourself? Ready to switch to Cubase yet? :)

Aw nasty one! Ah well, at least you'll have no bother shifting it. Great software.

I think I had a look at cubase once. It didn't agree with me IIRC.

Yeah, problem is, the reason I ordered twice, is because I accidentally misspelled my email. Never got the ser number for the first one. Been over two weeks without response from vendor. Think I got screwed. Oh well, AD is probably worth $300 anyway.

I was just kidding man. That is how I felt about PT. It is truly just based on our individual brains. Of course, yours is funnier than mine so.....

:D

You're right, I am cunny funt sometimes :p

Did you try emailing the typo address? Maybe some nice honest guy got your serial number. I mean, life's like that.lol.

I have no idea what that address would be. As I never got confirmation. Alcohol and internet ordering is not recommended.

:o

Yeah, spent over a grand on presents for people who probably didn't deserve them. So I went and played santa for myself, after quite a bit of vino. :D

This is a good learning experience for all!

I have no idea what that address would be. As I never got confirmation. Alcohol and internet ordering is not recommended.

:o

get them on the phone they will totally change the email address for you even if they don't refund your $$$ - then you can just ebay it - or send it to me! :p

but back to the OT - I would solve this problem with a hammer - first I would beat the Lexicon Omega Confibulator to a bloody pulp, then I would jump in the computer ala tron and beat the hell out of audacity - then I would break a few other things just for good measure - HTH

get them on the phone they will totally change the email address for you even if they don't refund your $$$ - then you can just ebay it - or send it to me! :p

but back to the OT - I would solve this problem with a hammer - first I would beat the Lexicon Omega Confibulator to a bloody pulp, then I would jump in the computer ala tron and beat the hell out of audacity - then I would break a few other things just for good measure - HTH

That is the best advice's in this thread so far! :D

Back