Vocal Software & Hardware

Eraxxer

Hi everyone. I used to have a tascam recorder which I would plug in a reverberation unit to produced my vocal room effect and of course my tape track. Can someone direct me in what type of software would emulate my tascam recorder with my effects for the purpose for vocal singing and having the capability to transfer my tape tracks on to my computer and play them with my vocal as a seperate channel with effects for my voice.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

Eraxxer

you could use any audio editing software, cool edit, goldwave and theres a few others.

As far as I know, they all support "plugins" -- an effect that you literally -- plug in --

These plugins are free, but they also range into lots of $$$.

you should then be able to burn it to a CD or put it on tape.

good luck

Rochey

Sorry, forgot to ask., would I plug in the microphone direclty into the line in/Mic in of the sound card direclty or is there any device that I should know that serves as a mediator between Mic & sound card.

Eraxxer

The signal from a microphone is not strong enough to feed the "line in" port on your sound card. You need to run it through a pre-amp first to boost the signal to line level.

While you can plug a mic directly into the "mic" port of your sound card, you will most likely not be real pleased with the results. The mic port on the sound card generally has a "cheap" pre-amp built into it (unless you have a "higher quality" sound card - you didn't state what you were using).

Preferred method is generally external preamp (or mixer) to sound card line in. The quality of the mics and preamp will have a major effect on the quality of the audio you record.

dachay2tnr, Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.
Will have to buy a mixer/pre-amp to get back into business.
Problebly another Tascam which is my favorite.

Thanks guys,

Eraxxer

Back