Vocal Recording

Dioxide

I've just started using Cool Edit pro and am trying to put together a demo for my band on limited equipment What is the best way to record vocals with the equipment I have.

3 sure b.g. 1.1 mics
1 omnidirectional radio shack room mic
Peavy 680/plus PA
running into a Sound Blaster 16 card

I know it's not high tech equipment or anything but so far everything has come out pretty well but I havent even touched the vocals yet does any one have an idea of what I can do the with little equipment I have?
Thanx

well im not a wiz on recording vocals but ill do my best ..
Ive never seen one of those shures , but i spose they've got to be better than that radio shack mic.. U said u had three of them , ask some of the guys (and gals!) here about stereo miking vocals. Ive never tried it , though im getting a great sound from an nt1 , so why fix something if its not broken. But i would be interested to hear about anyone who does this , or is it just an old myth???
Also , i dont have the full version but , cooledit has some plugins i think , doesnt it ? perhaps a compression plugin and a slight reverb .. I use them the same as i do my hardware .. Just do a search for some ideas on compression on vocals (im not a wiz at this like i said , so consult the experts)..anyway good luck and happy recording ...
spider

Back