A very basic (stupid) question

kp174

I just bought the event PS-6 monitors, and I am so retarded that I am having a hard time setting them up (actually, I haven't really tried, i don't want to break anything). I want to connect them to my portastudio (tascam 414) which has the MON OUT L and R in the back, but the monitors only have a 1/4 inch and XLR inputs. Can somebody walk me through this setup? thanks

Well, I don't have those monitors, so this is purely hypothetical, but i'd just pick up some rca -> 1/4" converters, so you should be able to go from the rca outs on your recorder to the 1/4" jacks on the monitors...I just picked 2 up for about $3 a piece...expensive, but usefull...Hope this helps..

--travis

Yo KP174 [kitchen police?]

I do believe <broken> has the answer.

I've been wrestling with the same question with my rig. My current speakers are hooked into my stereo set-up integrated amplifier via banana clips/plugs. The amp will also accept the wire insert. However, if I want to upgrade my Alesis monitors, which I do, I have no way of hooking up 1/4 inch plugs or XLR plugs into the integrated amp.

I was guessing that there were converter plugs out there; I should have known because I have other converter plugs for going from one plug type to another. I would hate to buy the monitors and then find out I can't plug them into my rig.

But, as you will find on this site, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY.

Have fun recording,
Green Hornet

Back