Using Kontakt for sampling. Having an issue or two. HELP!

ScottishSinger

Hi guys,

I'm fairly amateur at any kind of home recording but I like to think I know my way around a few things I need to know.

Right now I'm making a track... Where the beat is basically made out samples that I have sampled.

I was pointed in the direction of Kontakt 5 which seems alright.. However I'm totally stooped.

Basically I drag in my samples onto the keyboard. All samples ONLY sound correct when they are on C1 or C2 off the top of my head. However say I have 5 samples that more or less make up a drum. Kick, Bass, Snare etc... I want them to be positioned NEXT door to each other on the midi keyboard... However when I drag them in and position them next to each other they play in a higher or lower note from their original sound. More or less they all want to be C1 to be their original sound. But I cant put them all on the same key obviously.

It will likely be the most simple of clicks to rectify but I am scratching my head. I just cant get them to have their original sound but just on a different key.

Can anyone help? I can post a screenshot if need be.

Many thanks

D

Back