tying it all together

dragonworks

Banned
What should I do next? I have an alesis adat,
an alesis pcr card, mackie 1604vlz, alesis qs8 keyboard. My computer is 600mhz k7 athalon, 128 ram, 7200 rpm 10 gig hard drive,
plextor 8/4/32 cd burner. I have a mac 6500(?)performa that I was recording midi on. I
have been recording audio on my adat and downloading via the pcr card for editing in the pc but have never uploaded back to the adat. I have never mixed midi and wav files
but would like to try. I was doing some midi
stuff on the mac and playing it back through
the qs8 and recording on the adat. My sound
card is an ensoniq pci card,(shudder) and the
adat pcr card. The only legit software I have
is adat edit for the pc and musicshop for the
mac. I have various pirate (please dont beat
me) software, cubase, soundforge, cool edit
pro, cakewalk, etc. I have no Idea what I should do next besides build the studio in my basement and stick all this stuff down there. I really dont know how to get the most
out of what I have or what I should shoot for next. I have various outboard processing
equipment, mics, eqs,etc. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I would really
like to get into mixing the midi audio deal
but dont know how.

Yo Dragon of Recording who isn't the Dragon of here:

Get rid of the Alesis Q keyboard; I had one and sold it quickly; get a real keyboard with real sounds and a real window to see what the hell is going on without wearing bi-focs - -

Green Hornet

Then, tune in here, read, experiment and do it.

GH

what is going on there anyway ??? 8 posts , is that all it takes now to become a senior member ... What are we trying to recruit fresh blood or something!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben Mocini:
Yo Dragon of Recording who isn't the Dragon of here:

Get rid of the Alesis Q keyboard; I had one and sold it quickly; get a real keyboard with real sounds and a real window to see what the hell is going on without wearing bi-focs - -

Green Hornet

Then, tune in here, read, experiment and do it.

GH
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell is this about , sorry dragon u asked quite a legitamite question , then all this weird stuff starts happening!!! ben is like a god after only 8 posts , then hes now unregistered!!! whats happening???

Just a totaly wild guess from my part: The posts I have seen of Ben Mochini has so far being pretty inserious, mostly saying to people things like "Get rid of that, because it's crap". Not very helpful... Maybe the person cracked something to get "senior member" and has now been kicked out? I think 50 posts are kinda low limit for senior anyway. I shouldn't be a serior member after being here for three weeks... :)

Dragonworks: Where to go next? Buy the software you are using. No I won't hit you, but I don't believe in stealing... :)
Everybody here is talking about n-track as a HD-recording software, and it costs $39... I don't do HD recording myself, but it sound like a cheap deal. And it can to MIDI as weel as audio. www.ntrack.com .

Actually regebro and Spider, Ben has about 500 posts on this BBS, but most of them are under a different user name. I believe he had a problem trying to get that username back after some computer problems he had recently.

Next, I don't know that recommending that someone get rid of something, especially after having tried it at least once, is all that bad or useless. He feels it is not a good board, and is sharing that. If you think about it buddy, at least he TRIED it, and isn't just spouting off some crap about some product he HEARD about. I will assume that you are smart enough to catch my drift here eh? :)

Now with a whole 1300 some odd posts and a "Esteemed" status (most just silly back and forth banter with Slackmaster about tube mic stands... :) and the Esteemed part being that I am confident I will find one of those puppies one day! ) I think dragonworks that you just gotta dig in and start recording with what you got. You will never really know if you need anything else until you start using the stuff so you can make a assessment of what it is capable of.

Ed

Ed
You are probably right again. My problem is that since I took all my equipment from where I was recording(over at a drummers house I know, it turned into a party etc.)I
have no place to set it up to record. I am waiting(2 weeks)to sell this car in my garage
under my house and if I cant sell it I am junking against my wifes wishes. Then I will
set the equipment up and start over and ex=
pierementing to find out what I have to do.
And as far as my qs8, it may be junk, but it
is the best junk I have owned and thats my
story and IM stickin to it.

Back