[SOLVED] Trouble with my mic help

Majora

I recorded this to show you what's the matter.

Just add the youtube link before that

watch?v=SoNFk6L4j2o&feature=youtu.be

NOTE:
Whatch out ur ears at the end :c

Basicly in the beginning it sound like i'm talking in a can or underwater.

Then i just poke the mic and now it sound normal.

and the final test is just me moving my mouse and doing tiny tap on the desk and it start being horrible ...

I need help cause it happening too often during my stream and i know pretty much nothing about audio.

My mixer is - q802usb behringer

My mic is - Audio-Technica 20 Series AT2035

The XLR cable is - CableWholesale 6-Feet XLR Male/Female Microphone Cable (10Xr-01206)

The stand - NW-35 Adjustable Recording Microphone Suspension Scissor Arm Stand with Shock Mount and Mounting Clamp Kit

Should i just try to find another desk or a tablet to put the stand of my mic on it ?

Is there quality in XLR cable ?

Is my mic the trouble at this point ? Had it for 2 years only ! And i'm being really carefull with it.

But i still dont get WHY it always randomly doing this during a stream. It pretty annoying.

Last edited:
For starters replace the cable. If moving or 'poking' the mic the noise occurs it could be a faulty cable. Not sure the cable could cause the 'talking in a can or underwater' effect. I found the cable you presently have for $1.45(US), so I don't expect it's of very good quality and surprised you got 2 years out of it.... 6ft XLR Audio Extension Cable - Male to Female

Not knowing your location I can't suggest a retailer or particular cable, but I've bought cables and connectors from GLS and found they are of pretty good quality...
Amazon.com: GLS Audio 6ft Patch Cable Cord - XLR Male To XLR Female Black Mic Cable - 6' Balanced Snake Cord - SINGLE: Electronics

I agree with arcaxis in that this is probably the cable's fault. They are the most often piece of tech to break on you, so I'm sure that replacing the cable would fix your problem. If not, please respond back and we'll be sure to assist you.

Thanks to both of you. I figured out it was the cable after looking at the review on amazon. People was conplaning to have a loose in the xlrf wich is causing noise and static... So ill be ordering a new one ! And ill let you guys know if it fixed my problem :)

Problem fixed ! I'm able to poke the mic without anything happening ! It amazing haha!!! Good bye static and annoying noises. Thanks guys again :)

Back