Torn between DAW options.

The only DAW that I've ever used is Cubase so I'm sure that I'll be able to apply what I learned from that to both, Reaper and Reason.

Thanks again for all of your help folks!

Dave.

The only DAW that I've ever used is Cubase so I'm sure that I'll be able to apply what I learned from that to both, Reaper and Reason.

Thanks again for all of your help folks!

Dave.

I agree with the general sentiment that once you have become a bit familiar with a particular DAW others are easier to learn. But there ARE exceptions!
Son had become very familiar with exporting MIDI data from Cubase but when he (and I ) tried this in Sonar Cakewalk we found it impossible. There WAS a MIDI export "box" but it was always greyed out and none of our efforts or enquiries ever succeeded in making it work!

Then, having been "brought up" on Samplitude I find setting up inputs and outputs in Cubase very tiresome.

Dave.

Dave, if you ever have questions on ANYTHING that you want to do with Reason, I'm here. PM or just post! :D

Happy Recording!

I would just pick one and stick with it. While I'm using Logic soley because it works so well with my apogee and because tech support is great, Reaper is my second choice the price obviously is a plus and the fact that unlike sonar/logic it can run on either mac or windows! Also got it to somewhat work on ubuntu (linux) before!

Not sure how much experience with DAW's you have but to get your feet wet if your a Mac user then Garageband is a good way learn the basics. I found Ableton Live really intuitive but tried Reaper and stayed with it. Reaper can be as simple or complex as you need.

Broken _H.... Do you know what Reason Essentials actually does ?...is it a good idea to get this also if I buy Reason. I'm just getting started with DAWs...and am leaning towards Reason..
Thanks !

Dave, if you ever have questions on ANYTHING that you want to do with Reason, I'm here. PM or just post! :D

Happy Recording!

Back