Is there ANY way to get BR900CD to work with WIN 10 to export projects? Any HOPE?

sjs94704

I imagine that this is a HOT topic, but I do not have access to a WIM XP PC. It just is way over my budget and the current PC that I have the WIN 10 and WIN XP are not compatible I guess on the same drive or whatever my Tech guy said that the drive I have now has a hard time talking to WIN XP, so in order to have both I have to have a new kind of hard drive. ($120 I don't have!)

So, without WIN XP am I just S.O.L.? Or, is there some kind of 'whatever' that I can do so it will work ?

I will be grateful for any advice on this topic you can provide?

A couple of years ago I picked up a Win XP machine for TEN POUNDS ($15?) from a charity shop. XP machines are probably rarer now but you should be able to find a Blista or W7 jobby and format the hard drive and install XP.

This ^ assumes of course that you want to USE the Boss device? If you just want the tracks off it, surely you can dump them to SD card as .wav and play them on any OS?

Dave.

A couple of years ago I picked up a Win XP machine for TEN POUNDS ($15?) from a charity shop. XP machines are probably rarer now but you should be able to find a Blista or W7 jobby and format the hard drive and install XP.

This ^ assumes of course that you want to USE the Boss device? If you just want the tracks off it, surely you can dump them to SD card as .wav and play them on any OS?

Dave.

They'll have a proprietary format - the website lists various "converter" programs you can put on your PC to convert the output files from the device. Still, as you say, you should be able to dump the files onto whatever card the thing takes and still do that via a PC, irrespective of the OS. I'm guessing that the Boss machine doesn't play with 64 bit Win 10.

My advice is find a real Boss forum and ask there. Not here...

Since it's a Boss BR900CD, just burn everything to a CD and load to computer that way. The burning process converts from the Boss format to WAV/WMP.

Back