Tempo vs speed - sample.

itsmeagain

Hello, i don't know if it's the right forum to ask...if not please remove my topic to the right forum.

I just want to know and learn how to use this samples.

Say i play keyboard (yamaha) and i choose the piano sample, when i play it it KEEP his speed/length (correct me if i don't use the correct term), if i load reason or fl sample (like soundfont) it also keep the speed, now if i BUY a wav sample pack, synth pack etc...and i loaded it in my daw (reason, fl), and i play it, something is change, speed or whatever, when i play a note and go highet with the note the SPEED also increasing..

Can someone tell me how can i play it like a normal notes just like my keyboard?

Can someone explain me the terms?

Last edited:
Hi there,

If you open a sampler and load one single sample, it's common for the sampler to automatically map that sample to the entire keyboard range.
Usually middle-C is your unaltered sample, and any other note play will trigger that sample will it's pitch offset to match the key you pressed.

To map an entire instrument you'd probably want a collection of samples covering the range of frequencies, but usually that's done by loading a native patch, rather than manually selecting a load of samples.

Most samples will have options to let you disable auto mapping, pitch adjustment, duration adjustment, etc.

Is some of that useful?

Back