Tascam US 1800 drivers?

GtrGtrGtr

Hi as Im still new to this and havent had a chance to set my gear online between rehearsals and recording them with my Tascam DP-01FX I now have made the time to get the ball rolling. My question is this... I looked at the drivers for my Tascam US1800 and I am confused with which to dwn load and where to store them until I plug up my unit. I have a pc (I know ) it has a large disc(HHD?) drive along with the regular HD. I was told by the builder to put all programs on the HHD drive. Do I send the drivers there also? I also have an external HD . I also have no clue which drivers to dwnld for the unit. Seems there are several. The manual says "do not plug unit in until drivers are dwnlded . I have dwnloaded several in a frustrated kinda way to my HHD one 32 bit the other 64 for windows 7 the OS thats on this computer in what will be my studio. Please if there is any help that can be given I would be very appreciative. Thanks -Steve

Welcome Steve,

FIrst, you'll need to determine if your system is 32-bit or 64-bit. In your Start Menu, select System, then About. Scroll down to System Type - you should see 32-bit or 64-bit operating system there.

Then go back to TASCAM's US-1800 page H E R E and select the correct driver.

If you have 64-bit System = US-1800 Win64 driver version 2.02

If you have 32-bit System = US-1800 Win32 driver version 2.02

It should automatically download onto your HD into your Downloads folder. The name will look weird, but it will contain the word 'driver' so you can identify it when needed. Right-click the zipped folder and 'extract all'. You can leave it right there in your downloads folder.

Now you can plug your US-1800 in and proceed.

Spantini gets you most of the way there. After downloading and unzipping (Extract All) the driver from Tascam, you have to open the newly created folder and run the setup.exe file. Double click it. Let it do its thing. When it is done, you can trash the downloaded zip file if you want, though I recommend keeping it. It is not needed anymore unless you need to reload the driver for any reason.

Once the driver has been installed, you need to select it when using any DAW program. It is going to be the ASIO driver.

Back