Tascam DP 24 importing backing track, firmware updates?? How to??

Greavesey

Hi All. I own a Tascam DP24 recorder, I usually create my own backing but for an up and coming project that needs to be done on the quick I decided to purchase some backing tracks. The ones I bought were MP3's and I couldn't load them onto it. I changed them to WAV files but still no joy. I've tried using CD's, Connecting to the computer, transferring them direct to the SD Card, all to no avail. I went online and read that updating the firmware might help and that it is easy to do. It may well be but I still can't find out how to do it and I need that info so I can find out for myself how easy it is. Can anyone help with any of this?

PS Please bare in mind I'm over 50 so go easy on tech jargon ;)

Hi, thank you for your reply. I had in fact already gone through the part in the manual that you included (all to no avail) but it was very good of you to seek it out and include it. It could be as you suggested that the WAV files I'm trying to import are not compatible but I don't know how to test them to find out. What I did do though was try to upload a track I had already recorded on the machine figuring that has to be compatible but still no joy.

I can connect the USB, find the Audio Deposit file and drag the tracks into it. But when I then go to the file on the machine there's nothing in there.

Having looked this up on the internet I have seen frequent reference to similar problems being cured by updating the 'Firmware.' Are you familiar with Firmware? My manual seems to have no mention of it. If you know about it please enlighten me. Thank you for your help. Jon

This might not apply, but I'll throw it out there just in case.

I used to own the original 2488. You could only load MONO wave files, not Stereo. Maybe that's the problem? Or maybe I'm way behind the times. :eek:

Well thank you again for the help, I followed the instructions and successfully upgraded my recorder to V1.14. But still no go on uploading backing tracks. Looks like I'm going to have to spend a few days making my own after all. If anyone does have any ideas, please let me know. If not I still thank Arcaxis and Rami very sincerely for your help. I have an updated machine but am at a loss as to how to upload a track. Sad as I used to have a Yamaha AW16G which served me great and used to accept anything I put on it. Such is life.

I think it has something to do with the bits.I,m getting my dp24 tomorrow.I got the pro audio dvd.Look on youtube.I believe he said something about what you are talking about.I will be watching over and over again so I,ll let you know.

Back