Tascam DP-008 confusion!!!

tutorr

Hello everyone. New the forum and the Tascam technology. As a singer, I basically bought the Tascam to sing on one track and listen to a canned music accompaniment track on another. When I finished my mix, I would save the song with my voice. I have a microphone connected to input 1 via XLR. I have the accompaniment track on my computer and I believe I need to import the MP3 into the Tascam. I tried USB connecting the Tascam to my computer and copying the file to the SD card on the Tascam but I could never find the file when I go back into the Tascam to load a song.

I guess I have missed many steps but can't find this instructions in the user manual just dealing with music tracks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The manual kinda slips this bit of info to you in a note below the instructions.

Your canned (.mp3) accompmaniment track on your PC needs to be a WAV file with a ".WAV" extension for import to your DP-008's FAT partition.

You can use this to convert your file: To begin, click the Choose File / Browse button in the middle of your screen.

Convert audio to WAV

Last edited:
If you don't want to get involved with NCH (I find them a bit intrusive) Audacity will open MP3 and 'save as' .wav Or you could use MAGIX free Samplitude Pro X Silver.

Dave.

Warm greetings tutorr,

Looks like you have some replies to your question.

I just wanted to mention that ProAudioDVDs.com has a video for reasonable price on DP-008 overall operation. I am currently using one of their DVDs to learn my DP24SD and am finding it much more insightful than the manual and easy to follow.

If you do not have your question answered on this post, we have a Tascam forum where your question might be more widely read by those familiar with your need.

By the way, the EX model of the DP008 has what appears to me--as I am on an entry level--easy-to-use editing presets that I surmise would give a more polished sound.

Welcome to your HomeRecording.com community--JeffF.

Last edited:
Back