Tascam Audio Interface Help!!!

cgneedzhelp

Well i went out purchased a Tascam US-122L today. And for some reason when i try recording my latency is off. Ive tried changing the settings in the control panel for it...but when i go to the lowest latency i hear popping and clicking and it comes through my recording. Could someone help me PLEASE!!!

well there's basicly 2 different areas you can work on for latency problems.... the first is to add more ram to the ssystem... and thats the one that usually manifests as clicks and pops... then there's the hard drive... what you want is a second hard drive dedicated to the recording... when you have that problem typicly you get more of a drop out rather than clicks... bottom line though is your latency is just that... yours... try the things to get better but in the end all you can do is set it as low as your system will allow and get used to it.... what kind of system is it??? and what prog are you using??

I use an original us 122

The popping I experienced during my use of the us122 (mind you not your new version) was because of the windows driver. When I put it on my iBook, it stopped popping completely.

What are you connecting it to? Check the software driver, they may have updated it on their website.

G.R.

a powered usb hub or a dedicated pci usb hub will fix the popping nonsense. i have the same interface and had the same problem. now that it's fixed i love the us-122. hope this helps you out.

Back