Tascam 1800/Reaper All Channels

Josh Oswald

I have seen the question I want to ask in other threads on here, but it only gets me so close to what I need.

So I have a Tascam 1800 and use Reaper as my DAW.

I downloaded the Mac Driver from the Tascam site.

When I open Reaper, the DAW does not recognize the Tascam beyond "no default device." Yet for some reason, I still get a signal from my mics into Reaper. But the signal only comes in as one channel from the six I have mic'd.

I'm sure getting all of my six channels to go into Reaper is a settings issue, but my Reaper preferences aren't showing Tascam as an available device.

What am I missing to get all of my channels from my Tascam as individual tracks into Reaper?

thanks.

Have you gone into the Options > Audio Device menu in Reaper? This is where you select the Tascam's 1-6 inputs as your input devices.

Have you gone into the Options > Audio Device menu in Reaper? This is where you select the Tascam's 1-6 inputs as your input devices.

I've been to Audio Device tab through Preferences. Is that the same as Options?

When I get there I can select Built in Input or Output or No Device Selected.

I got hung up on this when I first got the US1800. Went into the Preferences shown below and changed inputs and outputs to correspond to what the US1800 had. (US1800 not presently connected, but can be selected as input and output device when connected)

View attachment 95452

Awesome. Any idea why Tascam 1800 won't show up for me in the Audio System drop down? Is this a driver issue?

thanks

The audio system drop down is where you specify, well, the audio system, e.g. ASIO or Wave Out or whatever.

The input system drop down is where you would specify the Tascam.

The screen shot below shows a Firepod connected rather than a Tascam, but I imagine it should look fairly similar.

asio.jpg

The audio system drop down is where you specify, well, the audio system, e.g. ASIO or Wave Out or whatever.

The input system drop down is where you would specify the Tascam.

The screen shot below shows a Firepod connected rather than a Tascam, but I imagine it should look fairly similar.

View attachment 95453

The path featured in your screenshot to get to " Audio System" takes me only to "Audio Device." Could this be a driver problem? I'm using a Mac and downloaded the recommended driver from the Tascam site.

Is there an independent driver that might work?

Thanks,

Josh

Are you saying you don't get the option to specify audio system in the Reaper preferences? Maybe you can post a screen shot.

I can't help you with a Mac. Mine is running on a PC. Maybe someone else might be able to answer.

On mac you should see that window but without all the specific input/output options.
The Tascam isn't available to you under Audio/Device, as shown?

If not, go to audio/midi setup. That's in Utilities but there should be a short link there in that very window.
Does the tascam show up there?

I don't think you should have to but there are options in there to let you configure multiple input/output paths.
Does the tascam come with any bundled mixer software on mac? Sometimes those can mess things up.

Last edited:
Back