Tascam 16x08/Mixcraft 6 issues

EditTheSadParts

Hey everybody,
So I decided to pull the trigger and buy the Tascam US16x08, I got it all set up with the driver installed and everything but when I went to record into Mixcraft 6 it wouldn't let me record anything. Its picking up sound from the mic and everything but when I click the record button it doesn't record anything, it wont even start the track.

I have the track armed, I have the track set to the mic from the interface, the mics are dynamic and dont require phantom power, the Tascam is connected and on so none of these should be the problem..

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is the Tascam even compatible with Mixcraft 6, if not what DAWs are compatible?

Thanks for reading.

If the tascam is showing up in mixcraft then it should be functioning properly, I think... I know nothing about Mixcraft, hopefully a few of the users here that work on Mixcraft will come along and offer more help.

Just a thought, is there a VST connections (or something similar in Mixcraft) where you can check and adjust the ins/outs on the Tascam?

Can you insert a media file into the Mixcraft project to see if it plays? Or do you have a previously-recorded Mixcraft project you can try to play to see the output is getting to the Tascam?

In Reaper, you have to Arm the track before you hit the 'record' button' or you get an error message ('no tracks armed').

Can you insert a media file into the Mixcraft project to see if it plays? Or do you have a previously-recorded Mixcraft project you can try to play to see the output is getting to the Tascam?

In Reaper, you have to Arm the track before you hit the 'record' button' or you get an error message ('no tracks armed').

I just tried to open an older track and listen to it through the interface and it did almost the same thing, I pressed play and it showed the stop buttons but wouldnt play the track.

The track is always armed when I go to record so that shouldnt be the problem

You will want to select the ASIO driver, then you will want to tell Mixcraft what outputs to use and where to send the master output. When recording, you will want to tell Mixcraft what input to use (there will be 16).

You will want to select the ASIO driver, then you will want to tell Mixcraft what outputs to use and where to send the master output. When recording, you will want to tell Mixcraft what input to use (there will be 16).

I tried this along with all of the suggestions a minute ago, still nothing unfortunately :/

I looked at tested hardware on a site and it has a couple TASCAMs on it. They pretty much use the basic same driver, so I would be surprised if it isn't ASIO is a standard that if a DAW supports one, they support all. That is the idea behind a standard.

That being said, just like arcaxis says, try the DAW with your audio card, then try the Tascam with something like Reaper. At least we can help you with it as many have that setup. if you figure it out in Reaper, could help you figure it out in Mixcraft, since most software functions in their setups pretty much the same.

If you take the Tascam out of the picture and select your computers own soundcard for input and output, can Mixcraft play back a file?

A lot of us here use REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits which can be downloaded free and tried out before you decide to buy. Decent DAW for the money and the makers of it are always providing upgrades to improve it. Well supported.

I just downloaded the Reaper trial and its working perfectly! Thank you to everyone for the advice or for even taking the time to read!

Back