Surface Pro 3 won't recognize audio interface for Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 HELP

DeadKennedyz

In December, I decided I wanted to start recording covers and originals after playing the guitar and bass for many years now. I used an already owned Surface Pro 3, audiobox ione audio interface, Mixcraft pro studio 7, and an average condenser mic. For a while everything was great, until I took advantage of my warranty for the Surface thanks to some dying pixels. Since then, the Surface hasn't been able to recognize the audio interface. I re-installed the Asio driver, but when I go to arm and choose the input all that appears is "Realtek hd audio". I know it's not the interface because when on direct, using my headphones plugged into the interface I'm fine. There's probably something stupid I'm missing since again I'm new to recording, but anything you could point out would be great.
Thanks

Is there a Restore point still available from before the service? If so try going back to that.

I am assuming Windows 7? If no RP, set one then go into Device Manager and disable "Realtek" sound.
Now try to re install the AI software, since there is no other sound system available to W7 I cannot see how this won't work?

Have you contacted Presonus?

Dave.

I'm going to assume Windows 10 since that was developed to allow touch screens like the Surface Pro to work.

If I'm right, two things I'd do:

First, as Dave says, contact Presonus and make sure that the drivers you have are fully Windows 10 compatible. Some legacy gear didn't get Windows drivers made for it.

Second, I'd go to the Windows Audio Control panel and make sure that it's detected your Presonus interface. If you don't see it there, you may have to right click on any white part of the control box and make sure that disconnected and disabled devices are shown. Once you have it, make sure it's set to be the default device.

Finally, I don't know Mixcraft at all but I assume it has some sort of preferences menu. Once you have the Presonus showing on the Windows panel, make sure that the right drivers and hardware are selected in Mixcraft.

"I'm going to assume Windows 10 since that was developed to allow touch screens like the Surface Pro to work."

Of COURSE! (don't mind me.)

Dave.

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you so much for your responses. I am currently not home but I will try what both of you suggested later tonight and update you as soon as I can (Wednesday or Thursday).
I have checked the preferences menu in Mixcraft and double checked that I am using the correct drivers (the ones working fine 2 months ago with Windows 8 before the repair). I have tried both WaveRT and Asio (installed already on computer) and both have the same issue.
I will definitely try going to see if the computer is detecting the device, and if not I will fix and see if that corrects the problem. Lastly, do either of you think that the cause of this may be that Windows 10 doesn't support the drivers? This is probably a ridiculous thought, but still I am curious because everything worked fine for at least 2 months on Windows 8 before the OS was updated.
Thank you again so much for the feedback, hoping this works :).

No, it's not a ridiculous thought at all. It's very common for drivers to stop working when there's a major change in the operating system. (As an aside, in the Apple world, their latest major OS update--messed up audio so badly that a number of audio manufacturers issued formal warnings not to "upgrade".)

Anyhow, I just searched the Audiobox site and found a Windows 10 driver for the iOne here: AudioBox iOne Downloads | PreSonus

If this isn't the driver you're using, a quick download and install might fix everything. Indeed, even if you have this driver, it may be corrupted after the OS change so it wouldn't hurt to reinstall anyway.

Sorry for such an insanely right reply, but I wanted to let you know that the Driver job did the trick. However I only solved it a week ago because for some reason I was getting an error while trying to install the driver. After a couple weeks of constant back and forth emails with presonus with tons of ideas, they told me to restore the computer to factory defaults and reinstall windows. At first I did a soft reset and it did not work. After a hard reset though, they finally installed, and I can finally start recording.

Sorry for such an insanely right reply, but I wanted to let you know that the Driver job did the trick. However I only solved it a week ago because for some reason I was getting an error while trying to install the driver. After a couple weeks of constant back and forth emails with presonus with tons of ideas, they told me to restore the computer to factory defaults and reinstall windows. At first I did a soft reset and it did not work. After a hard reset though, they finally installed, and I can finally start recording.

Hmm...I wonder if it would have installed in "safe mode"? Can you PUT a Surface into safe mode?

Dave.

Back