SubZero ME1002FX 10 Channel Mixer - Head phones issue

The music is inputted from an mp3 player in the line in 3/4. it is in the left channel and the sound comes out of the monitor.

I have moved the main mix to zero as suggested. when I said turned the volume down, this was the line in volume and the mike volume - otherwise its just REALLY loud from the monitor and still no sound from the head phones.

Neil
Unplug the monitor from the mixer and set the line and mic gain controls pretty much all the way up. Start with the 'Phone' volume control down all the way and increase it slowly.

The music is inputted from an mp3 player in the line in 3/4. it is in the left channel and the sound comes out of the monitor.

I have moved the main mix to zero as suggested. when I said turned the volume down, this was the line in volume and the mike volume - otherwise its just REALLY loud from the monitor and still no sound from the head phones.

Neil

OK, since 3/4 is a right and left channel, as Mark has mentioned, you may have a defective unit since you can only hear one side. After trying all of the suggestions given, you should be able to hear everything from every where. All though it is not common, sometimes audio gear will be defective when it leaves the manufacture. I am stumped.

arcaxis and Mark - thanks for all your input - I really appreciate your time. Night time here in the UK and my little ones are complaining about the noise, so need to wrap it up tonight. Tomorrow's a new day! Best wishes and thanks again.

Regards,

Neil

Had a reply from Gear 4. " Because the mixer is a discontinued product there is no user manual or other information available".

I have replied instantly that this is crazy and unacceptable and I shall shun 'SubZero' products in the future. I suggest sell it and buy an A&H or Soundcraft. FORK! Even Behringers keep all their .pdfs avaiblable! (tho' they no longer do block diagrams which is a shame and a disgrace!)

Dave.

Had a reply from Gear 4. " Because the mixer is a discontinued product there is no user manual or other information available".

I have replied instantly that this is crazy and unacceptable and I shall shun 'SubZero' products in the future. I suggest sell it and buy an A&H or Soundcraft. FORK! Even Behringers keep all their .pdfs avaiblable! (tho' they no longer do block diagrams which is a shame and a disgrace!)

Dave.

You are right, that is 100% unexceptionable! Good advice on selling it although some other person may go through the same grief!

You are right, that is 100% unexceptionable! Good advice on selling it although some other person may go through the same grief!

I have never bought or sold on Eb Mack but before I buy ANYTHING of any sensible cost I look for .pdfs. User manuals, specifications and reviews. If I do not find same, eff'em.
ALL buyers have the same chance to 'Caveat bloody Emptor'!

Dave.

I have never bought or sold on Eb Mack but before I buy ANYTHING of any sensible cost I look for .pdfs. User manuals, specifications and reviews. If I do not find same, eff'em.
ALL buyers have the same chance to 'Caveat bloody Emptor'!

Dave.

I am the same way Dave. I will read 30 to 40 reviews from different sources if they are available and the only time I have been to ebay, is never! As far as "Buyer Beware", I think it goes something like this: "Experience is something you gain, right after you needed it to begin with". :facepalm:

Back