stupid question - chord samples

Elyst

hey there, silly question:

I have a terrible taste for making chord progressions. So when I compose a music, no matter how "delicious" the "topping of the cake" might be, if the dough is of poor quality, so will be the cake.

My question being, anyone know any good sites where I can get some good chord samples for starting out songs, filling them with other instruments? Needless to say it would have to say the chords in each sample.

hey there, silly question:

I have a terrible taste for making chord progressions. So when I compose a music, no matter how "delicious" the "topping of the cake" might be, if the dough is of poor quality, so will be the cake.

My question being, anyone know any good sites where I can get some good chord samples for starting out songs, filling them with other instruments? Needless to say it would have to say the chords in each sample.

Are you wanting to know how to use various chords? Like the various versions of an E chord. Or are you looking more so how to progress certain chords. how to "structure" your song? For example, if you start with a C chord, Are you curious what other chords will go with that to make a progression?

I meant it more as in. A little site or something where I would type "jazz piano" and he would get me recorded files with progressions of jazz in piano. Then I could use those progressions and record other things with it.

Sounds to me like you are more so looking for samples that you could use in your songs? I guess I am still unsure exactly as to what you want. lol

Anybody else able to help me out here :D

Seems like your looking for samples, just google search sample libraries + free and see what you can find. If you are more curious towards making chord progressions I would recommend learning some musical theory a simple place to start: the key of C use a I, IV, V chord progression so play C, F, G, your DAW should tell you the notes you are playing (piano roll/midi editor) and maybe watch a quick video on triads (chords) and you'll be able to play them yourself.

I,IV,V could be used anywhere. Pretty much the most popular progression. We should have a Theory help thread :guitar:

D C G is always a safe bet.

G C D is good too...

Sometimes I get really crazy and throw in a G C A

:p

Back