Studio One DAW Forum?

Xcaliber

Forgive me if this has been asked/discussed before, but I noticed there isn't a forum dedicated to Studio One, but there seem to be one for all of the other major DAWs (that I'm aware of anyway). Is there a reason why it's not represented? Not enough users? I have some questions specific to using Studio One (or at least I think they are specific to my use of Studio One) and I'm not sure where to post them.

Thanks. I've used the Presonus forums before, but have had mixed results. I've gotten better answers from the people here so I was hoping to ask my questions on this site. Also they recently moved their forums to a new location and don't have the ability to search on the old forums like they used to. I was also just curious if Studio One was just not widely used and that was why there wasn't a dedicated forum here on HR for it.

I appreciate the post and the help though.

There just are not many members that even ask about the software. A buddy of mine was using it until he saw Cubase. Didn't ask why specifically but evidently he was missing something.

I noticed there isn't a forum dedicated to Studio One, but there seem to be one for all of the other major DAWs (that I'm aware of anyway).

There are no sub-forums for Mixcraft, Garageband, and assorted other DAWs, either. :) But recently there was (and hopefully still is) an idea to add a catch-all sub-forum for "Other DAWs." Given that this is "HomeRecording.com," not "ProfessionalStudioRecording.com," and given that people who record at home are probably more inclined to use free or inexpensive DAWs than professional recording engineers are, the idea of a catch-all sub-forum for "Other DAWs" sounds like a great idea to me. But I'm fairly new here, myself, so please excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn.

There just are not many members that even ask about the software. A buddy of mine was using it until he saw Cubase. Didn't ask why specifically but evidently he was missing something.

I can understand that and I was thinking it was probably something to that effect. Thanks for the reply. I just got a copy of Cubase LE 5 with the TASCAM US-1800. I think I'll install it and play around a bit.

There are no sub-forums for Mixcraft, Garageband, and assorted other DAWs, either. :) But recently there was (and hopefully still is) an idea to add a catch-all sub-forum for "Other DAWs." Given that this is "HomeRecording.com," not "ProfessionalStudioRecording.com," and given that people who record at home are probably more inclined to use free or inexpensive DAWs than professional recording engineers are, the idea of a catch-all sub-forum for "Other DAWs" sounds like a great idea to me. But I'm fairly new here, myself, so please excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn.

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of having a "catch all". I might be able to provide some support for Studio One myself even...unless I switch to Cubase after giving it a try. :)

Im a Studio one user, and would like to have a place for that here even if it was a part of an "all other DAW sub-forum.

Im the opposite. I could not get comfortable with Cuebase. Then I ended up with Studio One and it fits me like a glove.

mdainsd,

We'll have to find a way to bounce ideas/thoughts/questions off each other. I'm pretty new to this whole thing, but I've been studying and watching videos as much as I can. I like Studio One for the most part and I have the Producer version which came as a free upgrade with a promotion when I bought my Studio in a Box from Presonus.

I installed and tried to play around with Cubase the other night, but I couldn't figure out how to turn on monitoring in the track while doing running my guitar DI and using Amplitube. I'll play around with it more (or watch some videos) this weekend.

Back