Sound and vocal mixing software

Telltalemuse

Greetings all, I am looking for some good software that I can use to do voice morphing, mixing and manipulation. I would like to sculpt and add effects to the vocals I record on my computer. Any good suggestions for programs I can use to do this?

Thanks,
R (telltalemuse)

You can do it almost in any recording software, The quality only depends on your budget. Get a Cool Edit or Cakewalk product. That will satisfy your needs.

Not any real budget problems

I think that I can either afford or save up for what I need, as I am serious about learning, using and making with sound software. Right now I managed to get Sonar, still learning to use it, it is having problems with my soundcard MIDI output. But I am wondering can I use sonar for this purpose? OR for that matter any other sequencer?

For persons starting out you don't have to spend a bundle for software. Using n-track for mixing and goldwave for wav editing is more than enough to get you satarted.

Vocal Manipulation

I want to be able to do the same things, in particular adjusting vocal pitches (like, a whole phrase adjusted by a fifth), or adding wierd and wonderful affects to vocals. I have Pro Tools LE and know that some things can be acheived using Plug-Ins (e.g. the Cher effect with Auto-Tune), but unless you've got a HD system you can't do time stretching or pitch shifting for entire phrases (as far as I know).
Is there a hardware gadget out there that does this. Or does anyone know of a plug in you can use in PT LE.

OR...does anyone have a way of chaging the pitch in Reason 2.5 (if you sample the vocal in the NNXT, and try to change the pitch, it just speeds it up or slows it down).

Back