Some music would be great...

A.D.Ryan

Hey guys,
The interface and the monitors are ready to go. How can I listen to music through the monitors? I can`t figure it out! At the moment, my headphones are connected to the computer. The monitors are connected to the interface. Do I have to disable something in order to be able to hear the music through the monitors?
Thanks!

Hey guys,
The interface and the monitors are ready to go. How can I listen to music through the monitors? I can`t figure it out! At the moment, my headphones are connected to the computer. The monitors are connected to the interface. Do I have to disable something in order to be able to hear the music through the monitors?
Thanks!

I'm just speaking from my experience here, yours may differ. When starting up the computer, there was a screen with "Press Del to enter setup" written down the bottom, so I'd keep pressing the Delete key until the BIOS screen came up, with a few different options. Then I had to go to Integrated Peripherals, and from there I had to "Disable" the onboard sound card (I can't remember exactly what it was called in the BIOS screen but it should be easy enough to find). Then I'd go back out to the main BIOS screen and exit (if it asks you to save your settings, type Y). The computer restarts with your onboard (internal) soundcard disabled, and will now look to the next available soundcard (ie. your interface) to pass sound through.

If it's still not working, check 2 things:
The drivers for your interface are installed (like when you first plug it in and the "found new hardware" box comes up.)

And, go to control panel>sounds and audio devices, and click the "audio" tab, and make sure your interface is selected from the "Sound Playback" default device drop down menu.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

I think this is what needs to be done. Thank you! I`ll give it a try. I`ll let you know if it works. I gotta hit the sack now. I can`t wait to record my first track!

fyi, if this doesn't work, people will want to know a lot more about your setup...

like, what kinda interface/software/computer etc..

gl

I'm just speaking from my experience here, yours may differ. When starting up the computer, there was a screen with "Press Del to enter setup" written down the bottom, so I'd keep pressing the Delete key until the BIOS screen came up, with a few different options. Then I had to go to Integrated Peripherals, and from there I had to "Disable" the onboard sound card (I can't remember exactly what it was called in the BIOS screen but it should be easy enough to find). Then I'd go back out to the main BIOS screen and exit (if it asks you to save your settings, type Y). The computer restarts with your onboard (internal) soundcard disabled, and will now look to the next available soundcard (ie. your interface) to pass sound through.

If it's still not working, check 2 things:
The drivers for your interface are installed (like when you first plug it in and the "found new hardware" box comes up.)

And, go to control panel>sounds and audio devices, and click the "audio" tab, and make sure your interface is selected from the "Sound Playback" default device drop down menu.

I hope this helps.

I went to sound and replaced Realtek HD audio output with Fast Track Ultra 8 R out, and Realtek HD Audio input with Fast Track Ultra 8R in. I hope I didn`t mess up. This bloody computer has everything written in Japanese, so I find it difficult to use...

I went to sound and replaced Realtek HD audio output with Fast Track Ultra 8 R out, and Realtek HD Audio input with Fast Track Ultra 8R in. I hope I didn`t mess up. This bloody computer has everything written in Japanese, so I find it difficult to use...

You left out one vital piece of information there: is it working? :D

你在谈论什么合作伙伴?

:cool:

Ni zai shuo shenme?

你在谈论什么合作伙伴?

Haha. My major in Univeristy was Chinese, so I got that part:)) I actually managed to understand the one in Japanese as well. Hiragana is easy to learn. But now I`m learning a new language: music

Haha. My major in Univeristy was Chinese, so I got that part:)) I actually managed to understand the one in Japanese as well. Hiragana is easy to learn. But now I`m learning a new language: music

Great! lets stick with English till we come up against an other foreign language manual and your new language of music and kick some F major butt!!

So...... aside from what you already stated for equipment what else do you have?

Last edited:
Other stuff

Ok, let`s stick to music:) I bought a small Marshall amplifier last week. Just for fun. I`ve got a Yamaha acoustic guitar I`m planning to sell. I paid 300 bucks 5 years ago ( probably a ripoff) now It`s 100-150 bucks: YamahaFG-422. I wanna buy a cheap acoustic electric for when I travel.
I also have an Ovation Aldi Meola signature which cost more than my entire studio:)) ( present from my generous wife). That`s all I`ve got!

Ok, let`s stick to music:) I bought a small Marshall amplifier last week. Just for fun. I`ve got a Yamaha acoustic guitar I`m planning to sell. I paid 300 bucks 5 years ago ( probably a ripoff) now It`s 100-150 bucks: YamahaFG-422. I wanna buy a cheap acoustic electric for when I travel.
I also have an Ovation Aldi Meola signature which cost more than my entire studio:)) ( present from my generous wife). That`s all I`ve got!

Very cool... what about recording microphones?

Yeah

You`re right. I`m not most people:) Hey if you got 3 minutes to spare, I posted a new thread with a link to one of my songs. It would be good to have your honest opinion.

You`re right. I`m not most people:) Hey if you got 3 minutes to spare, I posted a new thread with a link to one of my songs. It would be good to have your honest opinion.

Oh yeah, I've got time. I own 3 businesses that I don't have to be at all the time ...so time is something I have a lot of!
Where is it?

Oh, three businesses and a lot of time. I want that too!:)
I managed to record my first track. Ain`t I a genius:)?

Back