Some help with Ableton Live 9 Intro

epichord

Hi guys,

I'm making good progress with Ableton Live Intro but I don't know what I do and don't have.

When I installed it probably a couple of years ago I downloaded all the packs and also added my Amplitube plugins and who knows what else - I got sample tank and various other free/intro level things from IK Multimedia.

So far I can get my guitar processing just fine with Amplitube but the problem occurs when I browse the other various midi instruments and voices - various ones I can use and others give me a message saying that they are not available -
Live9Intro.jpg

"This device is not available in this version of Live... Learn more about [blah blah blah]"

This link takes me to the site version information etc.

I Also get

"The license to use certain protected samples is missing.
See the Licenses/Maintenance preferences to authorize or try out a product.
Learn more [blah blah blah]"

Live9IntroMessage.jpg

So, I'm not clear on what components are included with Live Intro and which are included but only as demo/teasers - or if I've installed some packs that are now not hooked up to their authorisation with my Ableton account or something.

My Ableton account is working and the software appears to be properly registered etc.

In the Preferences under Licenses/Maintenance it says "Ableton Live 9 Intro Authorized"

But there is no other information about other components that need linking or authorising etc.

Can anyone help me step through my configuration and work out what is standard, what is broken and what may be just work ignoring etc - if so I'd like to get rid of the things that I don't own because they are a distraction.

Back