Software VS Hardware recording... HELP PLEASE

Shines

Okay guys here is my situation:

I want to record beats, trance, trip hop, hip, electronica and industrial like music.

I dont use any live instruments and dont have a band.

I want to use a software sampler such as giga and use a software synth such as reason as well as use some hardware synths...

I guess most of my music is midi based?

I do a little vocals not much....

What would you suggest for recording software or a harddisk recorder????

I liek the way that software tracking programs look, but I really like the intuitiveness of a hardware hard disk recorder. I like to touch stuff and when I add the numbers up the harddisk comes in first.

With a computer based tracking program I have to worry about ram, processor and if windows is going to present a blue screen and what not.

Are there any drawbacks to recording on a hard disk recorder????

I couldnt imagine that I would need that many tracks for what I am doing, but I DONT know.....

Could someone request a quality machine that has the ability to use a computer moniter.....

Thanks guys......

u definently want to do software since most of ur stuff is digital based in the first place and vocals are easy to add in. Depending on how much money u spend, ur best digital bets are: Cakewalk Home Studio 2002, Cool Edit 2000 or Pro, ProTools (Very Expensive), or Cakewalk Sonar as well as a shit load of others. Home Studio and Cool Edit are the simplest and easiest to work with yet still arent to limiting. hope this helps.

Shines said:
I dont use any live instruments and dont have a band.

I want to use a software sampler such as giga and use a software synth such as reason as well as use some hardware synths...

I guess most of my music is midi based?

I do a little vocals not much....

What would you suggest for recording software or a harddisk recorder????

SONAR my friend. Cooledit is great, but simply don't do MIDI. If you're not sure, check the trial version on www.cakewalk.com

Back