Simultaneous multi track GarageBand iOS

Widows Son

I’ve tried, but there is sooo much information here. I’m a total newb. I ask your clemency.

I need at minimum a 4 input interface, (2 x vocals & 2 x guitar amp.).
DAW is GarageBand, mostly the iOS version but occasionally on a MacBook.

What I need to know is will GarageBand detect the signals from the inputs and create a separate track for each of them?

Also, the interface won’t be used hard or often, so expensive equipment is not required. Behringer?

Thanks

What I need to know is will GarageBand detect the signals from the inputs and create a separate track for each of them?

Provided you set up the interface correctly, GarageBand will detect the inputs. You will explicitly need to create tracks and assign inputs to them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your help! This has helped a lot.

As far as the interfaces themselves, is there any particular features to look for?

I’ve got my eye on the behringer uphoria 404. It appears to be suitable for my needs. (Like I said, it won’t be used often or worked hard)
Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

I would read reviews closely and look for ones where they're using the interface with an iOS device. That Behringer looks like a bargain but I have no personal experience with that equipment. My iOS experience is using my iPhone for capturing some scratch tracks and with an old iRig HD (also used briefly on my iPad mini).

As [MENTION=196982]keith.rogers[/MENTION] said, read the reviews. Your 404 has a 4.8 out of five from 34 users @ Sweetwater. That would give me the confidents to buy it, if I was just starting out or have never used it, as I have not. Reviews are also very good to see what others may wish was added to the features and if you have that very need, you will know you may want to look else where. The only thing I buy these days without reading reviews, is the 7-11 devil death dogs. (1/4# spicy hotdog load with chili, cheese and jalapenos). ;-)

Back