signal issues - desk to soundcard

zenmoira

Hi all - please read the query I sent to Behringer regards some routing issues I'm having - any pro help or advice appreciated (I'm obviously a kook with this stuff...)

My question is in regard to my recording setup using your desks. I was previously using the eurorack 1832fx-pro for all inputs, connecting to my p.c. soundcard via a single 1/4" into RCA cable out of the left main out into the left/right RCA inputs on the soundcard. This resulted in a good quality mono signal for multitrack DAW purposes.
I have recently updated & downsized my desk to the Xenyx 1002 (I no longer need the desk for live purposes, therefore fewer inputs were needed but phantom power was still a requirement); however, using the same configuration I am only getting a split signal to the right channel. The desk LED lights read a stereo signal, & the cable is good (if I connect directly to my amp from the desk & experiment with the RCA ends, red & white both work seperately but when connected together the signal is reduced to either left or right), so I am at a loss as to how I should connect with the new desk

Back