Should I ditch the mixer?

Hmmm...just Googled "Can Samplitude record a mono track" and got all sorts of links to forums with people having the problems ecc83 is describing. There were various solutions to convert a stereo track to 2 mono and so forth but it all sounds a bit messy to me.

Might be a reason to not choose Samplitude...

Not talking of converting TRACKS Bob, just a mono input and this could hardly be easier in Samplitude!

Just pop the button marked Mono Mix and You're somebodie's Uncle! I hope the screenshots make it plain?

I used the KA6 and plugged a Mex Strat into the left input. I tried the same exercise with A.A. 1.5* and Reaper. Neither do it so easily to me but then we have "grown up" with Samplitude from Music Studio Gen 6 over ten years so everything else seems clunky to me!

*Need to speak to you about AA sometime Bob if you have the time?

Dave.

Attachments

• git stereo.png
    git stereo.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 36
  • guit mon.png
    guit mon.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 33
Oddly, I uploaded the STEREO screen first then the MONO one but the order has reversed. Oh well!

Dave.

Yea Dave, all of the DAWs I have worked with has this same function, that is why I was confused about a mono input. When selecting in Reaper or Ableton, you get the option of how you want the input. I only see a few occasions to use stereo, so the inputs mainly stay mono.

But, if I have a stereo input (from say a Youtube source), I use a utility that adjust the spread from 100%, to zero.

Hey Dave,
I get you now but if there are still DAWs in existence that force you to record to a stereo track, I'd be more inlined to encourage the noob to a better DAW instead of bandaging it up with a mixer.

It just doesn't make sense to have a mixer in the vast majority of beginner home recording setups, yet it's still the first thing on the shopping list.
Well, second thing after egg-crates.

Back