Sharing Mac to PC

EarthyEugene

First time poster who has lurked this site for a while and hoped someone could help answer a concern that I have encountered. For years my bandmate and I have used Sony Acid to share our recorded music back and forth (through file sharing online) to the PC's we were separately using. I recently purchased a MAC and was hoping to find a program that allowed us easily share recorded files back and forth without having any issues because of the different operating systems. Until now we have both been using a PC version of Sony Acid, and I'm looking at other options since the version of Acid we are using is outdated and I now have a Mac.

In the past we would just send an "Acid" file that included all the tracks, and it would open on each other's computers without issue. Does anybody know if we switch to a program like Cubase or Reaper, which seem to be both PC and MAC friendly, we could continue to share files without any issue, even though we have different operating systems?

My guess is there won't be any issues, but I wanted get feedback to make sure before we spent the money to upgrade the way we share files back and forth.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

:)

It shouldn't have any issues as long as the DAWs are for both Mac and PC.

I can't speak for other OS's, but I use both Mac and PC (Mac Pro at the studio, MacBook Pro for location recording, PC at home for home mixing and games), and I can swap sessions from the Macs to the PC and not have any issues when using Pro Tools.

I'd assume other DAWs would work the same.

As stated above, first it is about using the same DAWs. If you are not, then you will have to export the files, and swap that way.

Back