Setting up a MIDI controller in Cubase 6

berlinschool

I've been trying for a while now to set up my Motif S90 ES as a midi controller in Cubase 6 through USB and I'm almost driven to kill someone. I've updated the drivers and I'm ready to melt some faces with my crazy midi licks but I can't seem to get the program to recognize it as a midi controller. Please if you have the patience to help me don't assume I know anything. I'm an absolute layman (I need it spelled out bluntly)...Every tutorial seems to leave out monumental steps or assumes I know far more than I do.

I am a little confused when you say midi controller, I believe you mean midi device.
However, if you do mean midi controller, then my response would be to know what kind of interface you have running. If you are not running through any type of interface and are simply going usb into the computer, Then i would also want to know what king of software are you interfacing. You may want to try studio manager are a more compatible version of software for steinberg. These interfaciing download are available from yamaha usa. Just go to the website click on the support tab up to and select your appropriate categories. This will bring you to the downloads page where you can get the correct download. One final thing, you may want to look under some type of vst option for you midi device.

Hello berlinschool,

The MOTIF is a great workstation but it is quite complicated as well, or at least the first time you set it up it will require patience, there are many steps you need to follow to set this up, I cannot fit them all in one post, but bellow you have the link to the Studio Connect Recall pdf, just go directly to page 16 where it says: "Remote control setup".

http://files2.keyfax.com/StudioConnectRecall.pdf

Most of the answers that you need can be found in the MOTIFATOR forum.

Best regards,
GN

Back