Send effects very distorted

Bluesman1952

Hello, and thanks for having me here.
I have had a Tascam DP 24 before and sold it. I just purchased another one and am kind of rusty on how to use the send effects. When I do my vocal track, I do it with no effect and add later. When I go to the effects and choose chorus or whatever I choose, it sounds like there is a loud distorted sound along with the effect. When I turn the effect off, it is gone so I know it isn't the microphone.

What am I missing here? I think I had this issue with the other DP 24 but was able to resolve it. Now I can't. Sound like a defect, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Joe C.

I doubt it's the unit itself. And we could probably use a little more detail as to other settings you have live at the same time. The manual is skimpy on how to use the send effects but it shouldn't be difficult to trouble shoot. I'd start with the feedback setting and work from there. Do you have the manual? See page 65 below.
screenshot.370.jpg

I doubt it's the unit itself. And we could probably use a little more detail as to other settings you have live at the same time. The manual is skimpy on how to use the send effects but it shouldn't be difficult to trouble shoot. I'd start with the feedback setting and work from there. Do you have the manual? See page 65 below.
View attachment 94769

I really appreciate the time you took to explain, but I actually resolved this. It was my own mistake. I accidentally was sending guitar effects to the voice track so I was getting all sorts of distortion and stuff. I went into the guitar effects and shut them all off, followed your instructions, and all is well. I thank you!!!

Joe.

Back